We are the Netherlands Cancer Institute
The Netherlands Cancer Institute is the primary institute for cancer research and care. Since its foundation in 1913, the Netherlands Cancer Institute has combined care for cancer patients with groundbreaking research. We want the best care for every patient. Because cancer could happen to anyone.
We are committed to the delivery of care with personal attention and warm and professional dedication and sincerity. We will make sure that our treatment best fits our patients and their needs, wishes, and preferences and will find a personalized treatment together with our patients.
We strive to attain the best possible results in our patient care as well as our research. We offer the best possible treatment results for the best possible quality of life according to the latest developments and insights. Our researchers work hard every day to better understand the way cancer develops, and how we can best cure it.
We deliver groundbreaking care and research. This means that we can think outside of the box if this is in our patient's benefit. We continuously strive to improve and innovate. We think ahead and seek out opportunities.
Delivering the best care and research means working together. We look for solutions, possibilities, and innovation. It is important to us to find a suitable treatment plan, or combination of treatments at our hospital, together with our patients.
Management and Organization
The Supervisory Board is composed of experts in the following fields: management, research, patient care, financial-economic, and legal matters. The position of the Netherlands Cancer Institute benefits from a strong composition in its Supervisory Board. The Supervisory Board maintains overall supervision of the Board of Directors' management, policy, and the general affairs of the foundation and the connected institutions. The Supervisory Board supports the Board of Directors with its advice. The Supervisory Board consists of:
- Mr. mr. P.C.J. van der Slikke, director of the Supervisory Board
- Mr. prof. dr. J.H.J Hoeijmakers
- Mrs. Drs. A.M. Jongerius, member Quality Committee, member on the recommendation of the Patient Council (PAR)
- Mr. prof. dr. J.M.J.M. van Krieken, director of the Quality Committee
- Mr. M.P. Lap, member of the audit committee
- Mr. prof. dr. M.M. Levi, head of the audit committee
- Mrs. Mr. H. Uhlenbroek, vice-chairman and member of the remuneration committee
For questions or comments, please contact dr. M.J. Blaauw (secretary of the Executive Board & Supervisory Board) contact the Board of Directors / Supervisory Board.
- Dr. H.S.A. Oldenburg, surgeon (director)
- A. Bruining, radiologist (secretary)
- Dr. J.M. de Feijter, internist (member)
- W.H. Schreuder, head and neck surgeon (member)
- V.L.M. Tjoa, anesthesiologist (member)
- Dr. W.V. Vogel, radiotherapist and nuclear Medicine Specialist (member)
- I.N. van de Werf (secretary, email@example.com)
- Click here for more information about our environmental and sustainability policy.
- Click here for more information about our governance costs.
- Find out more about good governance in the health care sector (English explanation here) and the Netherlands Code of Conduct for Research Integrity that the Netherlands Cancer Institute observes.
Works Council Nederlands Cancer Institute
Important collaborative partners
- The Dutch Cancer Society
- Cancer Core Europe
- Center for Personalised Cancer Treatment (CPCT)
- Organization of European Cancer Institutes (OECI)
- AI technology for people
- Dutch Federation of Cancer Patient Associations (NFK) and patient associations in the field of cancer
- e work together with almost all universities and medical centers, including the Amsterdam UMC, and within various networks such as the prostate cancer network and the CGOA in the field of gynecological cancer.
- We have a consultancy function in the field of cancer at many hospitals in the Netherlands.